*****
Daya and I made another trip to AMNH. They have a new show about the 5 senses
So we went.
They also have a 3D Imax movie about birds and flying--- it was stunning. The cinematography was pretty astounding. Then I took Daya through the Mummies exhibit, which I have been to with Drusilla. (no pictures allowed in that one) Daya got a cute Egyptian cat animal which she named Gypsy.
We had some time before we were scheduled to go to the Senses exhibit, so we went to the Origami Tree which is in a new location. (I think a better location)
Then we headed over to the Discovery Room.
Daya has literally grown up in that room.
It is one of the spots I always have to take a picture of her through the years.
When she was a toddler she loved this thing:
The Discovery Room has an upstairs area. It is only for children 8 and up. Being able to go upstairs in the Discovery Room is a NYC Child's rite of passage. It's really fun up there. There are microscopes and specimens and puzzles and stick bugs you can hold.
I loved these wonderfully bizarre beanies...I think they are either strange sea creatures or different types of bacteria. Or viruses.
Then we went to the Senses exhibit which was pretty fantastic.
This is the story of my life. I have a super crazy sense of smell.
Here is the Last Handstand Daya did for the year, more on that later. She was not disoriented in the disorientation room.
And the holiday Brontosauruses were out.
************
The next day (Sunday) I went to see Rob and he made this amazing butternut squash soup with snow crab. It was so amazing I need to have a pic here.
Sounds like a pleasant weekend. I hope Daya gets well soon.
ReplyDelete