It's foggy outside. I like fog. Except when life is a fog. That's far less pleasant.
Speaking of fog, particularly Brain Fog, yesterday afternoon I took the wrong train home. Well, not-home because it was the wrong train. Almost 20 years in NYC riding the subway and I still took the wrong train. In my defense the N trains are usually the new trains; the R trains are the older ones with the yellow circle. Also, I was busy looking forward to my afternoon commute nap.
And that nap is why I ended up at the end of the line on the N train, up at Ditmars Blvd right by my very first apartment. I woke up because Carey texted me. It was so strange being back there, even if only on the train platform. A lot happened when I lived there. It is so strange to be back to places from the past. Familiar and not-familiar.
I refused to go all the way back down, so I walked over to the R train. It was a nice walk. When I got home Daya laughed at me. Jenn laughed at me too. I deserved it.
The N train should NOT impersonate the R train.
But there were good clouds up at Ditmars.
**********
I found this today and I really like it. Taking the wrong train is stupid, but thankfully not permanent. Some stupid things are permanent though.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!