topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas

Christmas was nice.
Daya made out exceptionally well.
Rob stayed overnight so he could open presents at Oh-God-Thirty with us.

The cats got presents.
The rats got a present.

It was all quiet and peaceful, and no one shot their eye out.

My father sent Daya a lot of money and she feels sad because she would rather have grandparents who remember how old she is and what grade she is in, and what she is doing in her life. If nothing else at least this is a lesson that money is not a substitute for an actual relationship.  I tell her not to take it personally.

I did not hear anything from my father- he has always acknowledged me at Christmas but he did not this year. When Daya called to say thank you he did not ask to speak to me.

*****
Daya wanted a new gym mat.
I wanted to know why since she already has one, and she gave me a list of reasons that sounded very suspicious.

But Santa shelled out the $94 for a new gym mat.
And there were TWO.
TWO.
HUGE.
MASSIVE.
gym mats.

I had no idea.
No idea how big they were and there are TWO.

I checked about 7 times to make sure I wasn't charged twice.  Nope.
Rob said that happened to him once too- he thought he bought a single item but it turned out that Qty 1 meant a set of 2.  They arrived in MASSIVE boxes and have been driving me insane for most of December.

Daya's old gym mat, when laid across ONE of the new mats, looks like a postage stamp.
It is a good thing her room is big enough to fit the mats.







Munchie observed.










Handstand Shirt.







2 comments:

  1. Jess, it looks like you had such a lovely holiday... I am happy to hear that xox

    It is too bad your father acts the way he does, I think it is his loss as I agree being there is much more important that just giving money xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Jessica. I am glad you and Daya had such a nice christmas despite your father.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3