topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Terrible Cat Disaster

This morning I heard a crash in my studio.
I thought, "Those stupid cats. I hope it was just my brushes they knocked over again."

Honestly, I never thought I would hope for that....

because......

I had my Dakota box filled with all my Unisons on my drawing table and......

yeah that's what they knocked over and of course it wasn't covered because I forgot to do it last night.

I almost took a picture but I didn't because I don't ever want to see that again and you all shouldn't be exposed to that kind of graphic imagery, either. It was bad.

So anyhow I spent a good part of today putting my Unisons back in the Dakota box...oddly it was bursting full and now it is not...Many of the sticks were unharmed and many were very harmed. I also decided to start removing all the labels.

Here is the box in its current state:


I have a pile of pastel chips that is painful to look at.
I know they can be reconstituted.
I have done that with a few larger chunks, but it is very messy.



I posted on wetcanvas to get help dealing with the chips.

I am trying to not be upset but I AM SO UPSET.

3 comments:

  1. I can understand why you would be upset... most things don't get to me but something like this happens and it upsets me... Your box looks really nice and organized... xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. An organized box is a good way to start the New Year. I hope there are no more disasters along this line. I can imagine the mess.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3