topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Mad: Animals

Sadly, Drusilla lost her wonderful Aloysious this past Saturday.

Since she is always doing really special portraits for everyone, and because Aloysious was such a wonderful and special rat, I wanted to give her a portrait of him.

It was a very short-notice portrait and it didn't go as fast as I thought it would.
Because of the time factor and lack of natural light to look at the finished painting in, I didn't realize until I gave it to Dru that the background needs about three more layers. You can't see the rainbow.

Because of the time I had to use acrylic and my color layers over the black are too transparent...and acrylic has an annoying tendency to darken when it dries.

so my rainbow bridge painting is a black hole instead of a rainbow.

I'll fix the painting but I left it with Dru.
She says she likes it.

Aloysious
5x7 acrylic


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it and am very grateful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite all of the drawbacks you see, I see a beautiful portrait and Aloysious will live on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3