topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Today's Wisdom

It always amazes me how the universe communicates in such small, subtle ways that really speak to the core of our beings. This weekend I've again been struggling. Once again I've received my encouragement.

Perhaps most people would think me crazy, stupid, flaky, whatever. But I don't care. I am a dreamer. I have a vast inner life and I feel the force of the goddess in my heart. I believe in faith and flow, and the power of intentions and thoughts. When I feel a bit lonely and strange to the world around me, all I have to do is think of how I do NOT want to be- so many of the traits I see around me constantly.

As a side note, personality tests and intelligence/thinking tests I've taken rank me in a very small percentage of the population. I also have a rare blood type.

Anyhow, here's today's wisdom, which was exactly what I needed to hear, and what appeared as a single sheet of paper in a box of kitchen things I was unpacking.

"...one needs to become a professional waiter. Amateur waiters wait inside their emotions, they fret and worry and pine, and they focus on what they don't have, rather than on what they do have. The professional waiter is more Zen, he or she waits inside their eternity. They sit and wait because it is in their nature to do so, nothing much moves them. They are detached from the tumbling mental scenarios usually associated with waiting.

Professional waiting usually deals with tangible things: planes, boats and train, waiting for stuff to arrive. But beyond that there is the intangible, the unseen things we wait for. I term that 'deep waiting'. It doesn't involve logic; it is a form of waiting that asks you to hold an idea sacrosanct in your feelings knowing it will come to pass, when there is no logic of any kind to support the idea. It's a kind of spiritual waiting, a deep sense of trust in God."


-Stuart Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3