topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, January 08, 2015

Red

Red is not one of my go-to colors normally.  I like it just fine, especially Cadmium Red Light, but I tend to naturally resonate with greens, turquoise, blues, and violets.  (I cannot pass up a good green!)

Williamsburg Cadmium Red Light

Oh, but red has been calling me.  I keep red 7-day candles on my altar now instead of white.  Sephora's Pantone color of the year is a wonderful marsala red!  They came out with a gorgeous palette too. It's not Urban Decay but I still had to get it.

I'm on a red eye shadow streak

Most paintings need more red. Especially landscape, to balance green. This is why a red ground is often used- it enhances everything else in the painting, especially when allowed to show through.  Interestingly, paintings that have more red in them tend to sell better.  Red is also a color a lot of people shy away from working with, painting-wise.

Here is a bit of fun info about red from this site:

Red is the color of extremes. It’s the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. Our prehistoric ancestors saw red as the color of fire and blood – energy and primal life forces – and most of red’s symbolism today arises from its powerful associations in the past.

I do LOVE a good adventure!

It is also the color of wonderful fiery hot peppers!

I Love Cayenne Pepper

Red is also the color of the root chakra. The root chakra contains your information about your family/tribal culture/basic survival.  Keeping this chakra balanced is also important in staying grounded.

Nice Root Chakra image

1 comment:

  1. Red is one of my favorite colors too. I like what you have to say about red here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3