topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

PRT Buffer #1

I'll post update and pics from the weekend in a bit.

But first, let me tell you what just happened.

My hard drive started clicking.

That is not good. In fact, it is a sign of impending HARD DRIVE DEATH.
And it is a fairly new hard drive. I shut everything down and re-booted. The disk would not start up.

Of course I freaked out. Then went to The Google (on the laptop) to see what to do.

I turned the puter on and waited a looong time, and it started up. I ran CHKDSK and it did something, moved something around. Then...

....the clicking stopped!!

I have a second check disk running just to be sure.

But...if this isn't a crazy August badness TRYING to happen then I don't know what is. Thank Goddess for PRT!!! Things seem to be fine, keep your pigeon toes crossed for me....

1 comment:

  1. Crossing everything that your harddrive behaves itself. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3