topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Loving Evil

CNN has a photo on their front page of one of the unidentified girls in that sex tape. She looks like she's 6 or 7 years old. Her face, the eyes. I can't look at it.

In all the fantasy stories and fairy tales evil is blatant and always looks a certain way; easily recognizeable. It appears as ugly and scary as it is. Those people that do things to little children, they look normal in the street more often than not. We do not fear them in the street as they walk by. Our society is full of pretty things that are evil.

Spiritually speaking we are supposed to love those who cause horrible pain to us and others. Even the child molesters. A tough lesson. That's the secret to not being poisoned. Feeling angry, hating, participating in any way just spreads the sickness, the evil- it goes right into your heart and makes you sick. But still, looking at that child's face, knowing where she was at the time and what she was going through, makes me want to throw up. I am far more susceptible to sadness than anger.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what tape you speak of but I get the gist. We seem to share similar spiritual beliefs and, when horrific crimes like this happen, sometimes it makes me question if I'm following the right path. Sometimes, the pain I 'feel' someone else going through is almost too much to bear. I can't comprehend how some human beings can inflict such atrocities on their fellow man, especially that of an innocent child. However, my spiritual beliefs are part of who I am and I can only hold strong to them. I believe we are all here on journeys of the soul with lessons to be learned. We may not know the answers or the reasons why things happen as they do in this lifetime.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3