topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Pigeon Risk

I'm making preparations to skip right over August next year. And it occurred to me that I have to replace it with something else. As in my own month. A new month. So l decided to find out how August came into its sorry existence.

"August was named for Augustus Caesar, Julius Caesar’s nephew and heir. His name means Great Caesar (his original name was Octavius). It was originally named Sextilis, for it was the considered the sixth month of the year.

The Old English name for this time period was “Weod Monath,” or, the month of weeds. "
http://www.geocities.com/edgarbook/names/other/month.html

Weed Month. I like that, except if I invent Weed Month it would probably attract a bunch of stoners and I'm not into that.

Roget's Thesaurus lists these synonyms for Weed:
http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=weed&x=31&y=9



Let's take Ignore and Skip and look at anagrams.
Pigeon Risk is, so far, my favourite one.
So next year I'll skip August entirely and replace it wth the Pigeon Risk Time (PRT).
I feel better already.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha, very clever! I thought Pigeon Risk was going to be a dangerous time for birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I hate August. Pigeon Risk sounds so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! I call it "Invasion of the Kudzu" month! Pigeons are cute, although I guess they can be invasive at times themselves, but they are still cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3