topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Yellow Wood

Here is a painting I started a while ago. Last month probably.  It got finished Thursday night and I'm now just posting it.

9x12 pastel on Mi Tientes.(smooth side)
The paper is a lovely yellow ochre, pretty much the yellow of the sky though I put pastel over it.
I like working on different colored grounds.

This painting is a continuation of Adventures in Smooth Pastel Paper.  Mi Tientes is a smooth paper which I have so much of and always ignore in favor of my sanded and textured papers.  Smooth paper is just different but I'm working on making friends with it.


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely new friend you have. I really like the feeling of atmosphere here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3