topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Pastel Paper Test

I have been working on sanded paper so much lately, especially for plein air.  The Richeson sanded paper I love so much is really gritty.  It is a lot grittier than Colourfix and even Uart.

Sanded papers are great because they take so many layers- which is good- but when I was out painting the other day I was thinking about clouds on sandpaper vs a smooth paper.

I have a whole lot of nice pastel papers (all surfaces) but in particular I haven't been such great friends with Mi Tientes.  But there are effects that night be easier with a smooth paper, though it definitely doesn't take the layers.

Here is a little experiment just for workflow and feel.
Less than a half hour.

9x12 pastel on gray Mi Tientes, smooth side.




*****
For mother's day I did 5 loads of laundry.
Daya didn't acknowledge the day at all, which honestly would have been nice but that's how it goes, and these kinds of society-attention days shouldn't matter.

2 comments:

  1. You do clouds so well. I need to practice that.
    Doesn't it feel good to get your laundry done! Sounds like a good mother to me.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those clouds are beautiful!

    Good for you getting five loads of laundry done.

    My sons and I took my Mum to a local club for lunch on Mother's Day. You are such a good Mum and an acknowledgement from Daya would have been nice. That said, I have had three of my kids ignore Mother's Day...all different years...and mainly due to animosity at the time.

    I hope you have a lovely week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3