topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Goodbye Q-Tip

Q-Tip my West Side Highway rat has passed on.
He was really old.

He, with a few hundred other white rats, was dumped on the median on the West Side Highway in Manhattan. A huge rescue effort was organized and many were rescued.  A few ended up in a Broadway play. Q-Tip ended up with me.

He went trick-or-treating with us, he allowed himself to be painted, and in general he was a mellow brick. His brother Munchie tried to annoy him all the time but it didn't work because Q-Tip was too mellow.

Today Daya and I were home (she was not feeling well) and when I checked in the morning, I suspected Q-Tip was dying. What i didn't notice was something odd in his mouth which was not there last night.  I called Branwen and sent her a picture...she doesn't know what it is either but she suspects a ----insert long medical term here----- well, she thinks it could have been a tumor and something ruptured...I don't know.
He was fine last night.

Anyhow, Branwen is working at a vet's office right now and both she and the vet want to have a look...so Q-Tip is taking an overnight trip to Boston tomorrow to contribute to veterinary medical research.

Bye Q-Tip, we loved having you with us.


3 comments:

  1. Awww. Goodbye Mellow Fellow. Big hugs to you and Daya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. RIP sweet Q-Tip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3