topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, March 09, 2017

On the Way to Yoga...

I skipped yoga last week, and I went to visit Rob this past Tuesday, too, so I really needed to get my yoga groove back.

For a while now I have been thinking I should probably try a level 2 class but I love the teacher for my regular level 1 class.  It isn't a matter of choosing; I can do both.  So last night I took the plunge into the level 2 class.

I walked downtown after work.
There are two (2) pictures I regret not taking last night.
Words will have to suffice.

At the corner of 7th ave and 23rd st, a man was playing hockey in the sidewalk by himself.  It was a pretty intense game of hockey.  Maybe he was playing with the voices in his head?  In any case I think it was more of a game for pedestrians to avoid the puck.  Everyone kept walking normally through the hockey game and it all worked out.

There was a wall of signs at the hockey corner.
I enjoyed the irony of it.






Then as soon as I turned onto 13th st, I saw a lady walking a rather large (70 lb ish dog) and she let that dog make an entire LAKE OF PEE right in the middle of the sidewalk!  Right in the middle! Dogs pee outside all the time but people almost always make them do it at the side, or in the trees.  Not smack in the middle.  I really should have taken a shame photo.

*******
So, yoga level 2.

It was more difficult but I felt AMAZING afterwards...and this morning I still feel amazing.

When I was 12 or 13 years old I was babysitting for a lady named Ginger Toth. She had books. I always read peoples' books after the kids went to bed.

There was a small hardcover book called Yoga for Everyday Health or something like that. Ever since then, I wanted to do yoga. It was on my Life List.

I have a cheapie yoga mat at home but Daya nabbed it.
I don't mind because I don't like the mat***, and I have been wanting to get a new one for a long time, A good one.  A nice grippy one like the mats at Integral Yoga.

*** "don't like" means it is so terrible I can't even use it.

So last night I got my Tax Refund Present (Daya got a Hamilton tshirt)- my new yoga mat. It is the same mat we use in class, and it is turquoise!

LOVE.

Even Isis loves it.



3 comments:

  1. All this yoga talk makes me want to start doing yoga again. I do feel better when I do yoga. Why don't I do it??Hmmmmm It sounds like you have been quite busy. Nice mat and cat approved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, I'm glad you got the yoga mat you wanted ... I think the place I'm joining has yoga classes, I need the most basic ones, after I find out what's wrong with my legs. Have a great weekend xox ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you missed your photo opportunities but I'm sure there will be others. I LOVE the colour of your yoga mat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3