topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

The Long Dark Party

There is a game called The Long Dark and I have been smitten with it for more than a year...and Daya loves it too.  It is still in alpha and right now is in sandbox mode...it is a survival game in the Canadian wilderness in winter.

In addition to the sandbox there are some challenge modes, one of which Daya and i have been playing- the Whiteout Challenge.  You have a month to gather a certain list and quantity of supplies before a massive blizzard.

So we had a Long Dark party on Sunday night.
I got several food items from the game (except I couldn't find grape soda or energy bars!)

We had our can opener, survival bow (not pictured), and our knife and whetstone. I broiled our Coho Salmon and Lake Whitefish- plain with no seasoning and it was actually really wonderful.

We did not eat all this food, no way, it was too much, but it was fun.
Daya loved it.

It was a nice way to finish our Whiteout Challenge, which we did in 15 days! 
Last night we had party leftovers and we started the Nomad challenge.






******
Rob went to the dentist yesterday and I went with him.  
Everything went very well.

5 comments:

  1. I am not familiar with these challenges. I am glad you are having fun. It is good that Rob is faring well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are still enjoying the game. Good practice if everything goes to hell. Sending best thoughts as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea and great way to celebrate the game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checked out the link, first time I heard of this challenge, cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear Rob is okay after the dentist xox

    I have never heard of this game but it sounds like something I should look into after the 3 storms we had this month... I am pretty well hoping that is it... lol... wishful thinking xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3