topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, December 11, 2016

I Froze Again

Friday wasn't cold enough so I went out again yesterday and it was cold.

But I made a painting.
I went to the cemetery but not really for cemetery stuff...there is landscape and there are clouds.

Also, I left my painting cap in Brooklyn. Probably because of the cold.
It didn't turn up in the lost and found so I know exactly where it is, hiding very well, and I'll go get it Tuesday.

I really love my painting cap and I want it back.

8x10 pastel on that wonderful dark gray Richeson sanded paper.
A little less than 2 hours.




I think the physical discomfort teaches me efficiency.
Several times during this painting I was ready to be done but the painting wasn't done talking so I kept on.

It always feels good when it is over.

I brought a lot of pastels. This is something I should really do more often.
My Yellowstone box is very large and requires my heavy-duty tripod, which is also large and heavy, but can possibly support Godzilla.

It is very sturdy and solid..








Yellowstone box


4 comments:

  1. I am amazed at what you can do in the cold. You are a dedicated plein air artist. I love this painting. The contour of the land and the grasses with that winter look. A nice painting. You captured the grey day. Yet your pallet is a rainbow of color which lifts the spirit in these dreary days of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you for plowing through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... so awesome that you could deal with the cold and still create such a beautiful picture... Really great job Jessica xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing painting! I love pastels! I think you are right, sometimes I want to leave something and then think "only when done"... lovely painting, you are very talented!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3