topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Two Stories

I took this picture on the way home from dance last night.
See those splotchy red marks near Daya's eye and down her cheek?


I asked her what happened.
Did she get hurt in class?
Yes.
Guess what happened.
Go ahead, guess.

.....

She kicked herself in the face.
This is one of the hazards of being very bendy.

*****
Most people who know me know I love my hot baths.
And it is definitely hot bath season.

A couple of days ago I ran a perfect hot bath.
The water temperature was perfect.
The steam level in the bathroom was perfect.
The fragrance from my candle was perfect.
My rose face mask was perfect.
I even brought some chocolate with me.

It was a perfect spa experience.

Daya knocked on the door.
"Mom I have to go potty!"

Me: "It had better not be No. 2!"
Her: "It is!"
Me: "No. There is no way you are stinking up my perfect spa.  Not happening. You will have to wait."
Her: "What? Mom!!"
Me: "I'm serious. No."

And I really did make her wait.

This just goes to show that kids, even as they age, always seem to master the Worst Timing Ever.  
It never ever fails and they don't grow out of it.

2 comments:

  1. This post made me giggle. You poor girls need a second bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, must be kinda cool, actually, to be able to kick yourself in the face.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3