topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Cemetery Dust

Yesterday I went to one of our local cemeteries to paint.  I love going there; it is so peaceful and serene.  The grounds are well-kept and it is a beautiful place.  Autumn colors were on display, too.



It didn't take me too long to find a spot...I knew going in that I wanted to do a statue...and I found this statue of Archangel Michael with a foliage backdrop.



I'm not very good at painting foliage, it messes me up every time.

The light on the statue kept changing every 4 minutes or so...

And I took this picture of my setup, then the wind came and knocked over my gear.  That was the second time I have blown over, and it was only because of my stupid umbrella which I had to stop using. I'm very glad the grass was dry because that would have been deadly for my pastels.  only one broke which is no big deal and I collected all of them safe and sound.

Stupid wind.



8x10 pastel, about 2 hours.



3 comments:

  1. I think this is fantastic. I love all the color. It brings the statue alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3