It didn't take me too long to find a spot...I knew going in that I wanted to do a statue...and I found this statue of Archangel Michael with a foliage backdrop.
I'm not very good at painting foliage, it messes me up every time.
The light on the statue kept changing every 4 minutes or so...
And I took this picture of my setup, then the wind came and knocked over my gear. That was the second time I have blown over, and it was only because of my stupid umbrella which I had to stop using. I'm very glad the grass was dry because that would have been deadly for my pastels. only one broke which is no big deal and I collected all of them safe and sound.
8x10 pastel, about 2 hours.