topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Aloysius Re-Work

When Dru came to visit she brought the painting of Aloysius back so I could put him in a rainbow instead of a black hole.

I put some more color layers on. This painting is stubborn and will not photograph well.

Because acrylic dries darker and can be somewhat transparent...(actually because it has a lower pigment load than I am accustomed to with oils and pastel), I should have worked the rainbow over a grey background instead of black.  It would have worked better.

Pastels are AMAZING over a black support.  
Acrylics might be too but it takes a lot more work to get the effect.
This is how we learn.

I had to prop the painting up at an angle with bits of kneaded eraser and photograph it at an angle because Dru said to do that and she was correct.

5x7 acrylic on canvas panel






6 comments:

  1. It turned out good with the highlight colors. .. nice job. Yes we learn through trial and error... xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, I like this. He looks so alert and interested in what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, what a cool painting!! I wish I had that kind of talent.... - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3