topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Fire Hazard

I put faerie lights around my desk and they looked really nice.
A few years ago, I had lights up...for about three years until they died.

Since I happened to have lights under my desk left over from a (very excellent) prank, I put them up.

Yesterday I got a really nice email from our fire safety inspector (who is a very cool person) saying NYPD revised its rules for small appliances in high rise buildings 2 years ago, and my lights are now considered a fire hazard.

(I can't have my humidifier anymore either.)

So I had to take them down.

The fire marshall said the building is patrolled every night to look for fire hazards,

Which I thought was odd considering those lights were on 24/7 for over a month before anyone said anything.


Aww lights, you were so pretty

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3