topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, September 23, 2016

Well OK Nevermind

This thing is, for all practical intents and purposes, useless.


                               

Yes it will get Daya on the bus half fare, but here's the bizarre thing:

She has to carry exact half-fare change for the bus for every single ride. $1.45 in coins every time she wants to get on the bus. That's almost always 3, sometimes 4 times a day. (The buses only take exact change, no bills)

I cannot put money on this metrocard, and it cannot be used in conjunction with a regular metrocard to pay the fare difference, which makes NO SENSE AT ALL.
It's stunningly baffling.

So basically, the logistics of using this card to get a half fare are so un-manageable and not practical it isn't even worth doing.  Believe me, I would LOVE a break on Daya's transit. But I also don't want her to be carrying an ocean of coins every day (and I would have to get these coins and i never have cash).

So we are back to an unlimited metrocard, which she can also use for the train.

3 comments:

  1. They don't make it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am so sorry they are making it so difficult... I wouldn't want to come up with the perfect change everyday either... it's not always easy acquiring it xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3