topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, September 02, 2016

A Thursday in NYC

My co-worker and I took a long lunch and went to the Museum of Ice Cream downtown by the High Line. We booked our tickets almost a month in advance...it is completely sold out and closes on Sept 11.  I hope they open next year because I would like to take Daya.  The ice cream museum was $20 but sooo worth it.  Really.


There were edible balloons filled with helium.




The very handsome Door Keeper to the Chocolate Chamber.


If you ever get the opportunity to go into a Sprinkle Pool, DO IT.



Sprinkle Pool sponsored
by Dylan's 
Which is a fun place but always too crowded

I didn't understand the 3 persons occupancy since there were about 15 of us in there.




Nicole and Me

In the next room we got to try that berry from Africa which turns your bitter taste buds into sweet taste buds. We then got purple and white ice cream cones with a lemon.

The straight lemon tasted EXACTLY like the most perfect lemonade you could ever dream of.
In fact, lemonade might be ruined for me now.





We walked a little bit on the High Line and got off at 14th St because it started raining.

Storm Clouds over New Jersey






********
Later in the evening I went out for a bit with Rob.
We went over to the Brooklyn Bridge Park which is fairly new.
I hadn't been there since the pre-park days.

It is just lovely, and nature treated us to a glorious sunset.

Manhattan Skyline from the Kosciuszko Bridge 
(pronounced Koz-ee-ah-sko)



Lower Manhattan

Statue of Liberty and Lower Manhattan


Statue of Liberty

There is a little supercute beach! I know they must have tested the water but I'm still not sure about touching the East River...though the ocean life is coming back and apparently we have whales close by again.

Supercute Beach

Panorama from Statue of Liberty to Brooklyn Bridge

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you had such a great time Jessica... I would love the ice cream place too much... that is my weakness xox

    Wow to the sky line and beautiful colors in the sky xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter would absolutely LOVE the ice cream museum! I have seen the Miracle Fruit before...I think I can grow the tree here in subtropical zone, but have never seen them for sale here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of the Miracle Fruit. I would enjoy the ice cream museum too. It sounds like you had a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3