topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Mad: LATE!

I have been wanting to paint this portrait for the last year. So it's late!

Original reference photo copyright Melissa Van Roosbroeck.  Used with permission.
The name Melissa means "bee" so I did a bee theme.

My most absolute favorite thing about this portrait is that I put Urban Decay Lounge eyeshadow on Melissa's eyelid!

I have a bunch of progress pics but I'll post them later.

Melissa
9x12 pastel (and Urban Decay eyeshadow!)
on Sennelier pastel carte





Carey has something late too.

7 comments:

  1. WOW! Oh my god :-O I LOVE IT!!! It's unreal to see myself painted like that :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! Funny that you gave her real eye shadow. I didn't know that Melissa meant bee. I have a friend named Melissa. I am going to ask her if she knows about this bee business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Greek :-) And it indeed means honey bee. Bzzzzz!

      Delete
  3. Wow this picture looks great... the make up looks amazing... almost as perfect as Melissa applies it ... xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I followed the link from Melissa's shoutout! Amazing talent! Keep it up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw it now and found it amazing! You are so talented! I saw it on Melissa's blog today!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3