topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, August 19, 2016

Survivial (PRT)

Here is what my house altar currently looks like.



I was asked recently, "Why the knife?"

For as long as I have maintained an altar (since college) I have always had a knife of some kind on there. Not including a blade would be incomplete.

The blade on there is an outdoor survival knife, and I got it just a few months ago.
Adding this knife felt very appropriate.

It isn't a fancy or expensive knife, but it is extremely useful for outdoor survival, and it is also extremely sharp and durable.

******
I have done a whole lot of surviving, and having to figure out how to survive, throughout my entire life.  Aside from painting, it is pretty much the main thing I have been doing.  A whole lot of surviving. Childhood survival is different from adult survival.

Life has just unfolded like that. I haven't had the luxuries of options and support that so many assume and take for granted.

On the other hand, being dropped in the metaphorical woods of life alone has been as much of a source of freedom as it has been a restriction.

In that way, my (relatively) new survival knife is a good symbol of how I am relating to myself.
I am very good at surviving.

But I'm still not sure it is worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. Keep on surviving. It is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree surviving is almost exhausting sometimes... I want to thrive from all the challenges... sometimes it isn't that easy... we still need to keep at it though xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much symbolism. I wish you didn't have so much hardship in your life, but at least you're a survivor. You don't give up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3