topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, August 12, 2016

Painting and Wet Cat (PRT)

Here's the painting from Wednesday.
It's ok, I guess. There are things about it I don't like so I need to analyze it more.
Also, I dropped pthalo blue in my gear instead of ultramarine.  I don't like pthalo blue, it is too much.
Maybe that's my biggest problem with the painting.

I'm always looking at what to do differently.
I overworked the sky.

6x8 oil, maybe 45 mins or an hour or so I think.



*****
Isis has been so miserable in the heat, even with the AC on.
She is such a big floofy furcat...too much fur.

So last night she was whining so much I stuck her under the shower.
she didn't really mind and I know she felt better because she started acting normal again.



I also wet the rats down because they are moping around more than usual.
They don't care about getting wet. 

Munchie and Q-Tip are getting old.  They are starting to yellow the way PEW-rats do. 
They are starting to show their age, though they don't act like it.




5 comments:

  1. You have a wet pussy on your blog.

    <_<

    Okay, I'll see myself out now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA best comment EVER!!

      Delete
  2. I like this painting. Nothing worse than having the wrong blue. You will probably never like this painting due to that little misstep.
    Isis doesn't look all that happy about her shower.
    The heat is hard on everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like the sky. And that is the best photo of Isis...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cat had to be extremely hot to not mind getting wet down... it's too bad A/C isn't enough but good that wetting her down cooled her off... xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3