topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, August 08, 2016

How is it Monday? (PRT)

I'm so bad... I still haven't finished Mad Tornado.  I'm sorry Carey. :(

Yesterday I had a lovely day up at Oyster Bay on Long Island.
Beautiful clouds, beautiful water, and lovely company.

This is probably the *fingers crossed* nicest PRT I have had in....maybe forever.
I'm in a transition, so is Daya. I am transitioning out of the last 10 1/2 years.

The Little Kid Days are over. I am SO relieved, and that's probably not a "normal" perspective...but it has been so brutal on so many levels and I NEED to transition out. My experience and circumstance has not been a "normal" one so maybe it makes sense. I have been so alone and running on way-beyond-empty for so long. I'm numbed out. That is not good.

There are things about myself I'm not sure about that I need to find out.
I don't know if I have been too sanded-down from years and years of abrasive days and so much personal loss to the point where I don't know what is just normal growth and good evolution, or if I have gone through too much erosion.

It's kind of like I don't know what condition I am in, and I need to look at myself in a different light- in the light of change- in order to assess and evaluate. What is polished and what is worn away, and whether that is a good thing or not.

I need to find out.
It will take time.

Anyhow, Oyster Bay was lovely and there were swans.  I would love to go there and paint.
I deeply love the water and I never again want to live somewhere inland with no water, especially the ocean, close by. And the Hudson River.















3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous day. Look at all that boat traffic. Wow. I love the water too. I looked for a house right on the river but didn't find one. I live about 3 miles from the river. I see it often in my rounds. It is soothing. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've lost so much. I cannot only imagine what it must feel like to feel so 'eroded'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty place, I am glad to hear you had a great time there... I too cannot believe how quickly Monday comes around... xox

    I totally understand having the little kid days over... I did enjoy them but it is so hard when we are the only ones for them... we need a little time for ourselves and we rarely get it xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3