topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, August 26, 2016

A Serious Accomplishment (PRT)

Yesterday was one of those ultra-bizarre days that starts out normal but just is...not.
I left the office to work from home around 11ish or so.

Here is the email I sent about it to my manager.
His response is the Best Ever.

__________________________________________________________________________

From: **** Jessica L. (Financial&Risk)
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 12:38 PM
To: **** Mike (Financial&Risk)
Subject: spare parts required


Mike-
I seem to be having one of those days that goes well and normal enough until random freak things happen.

I lost a contact lens, don't even ask me how.
My mind went blank and my lens was just gone.

It is possible that i shifted to an alternate universe for a second and left my contact lens there.

Anyhow, I'm not as good at doing the one-eyed work day as I was 15 years ago- it gives me a massive terrible horrible headache.

So I am home and have repaired my Vision Assembly Complex with a spare lens.

Am working as normal. (on FXT. and OrgID mp4)

Thanks,
Jessica

__________________________________________________________________________

From: **** Mike (Financial&Risk)
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 12:41 PM
To: ^^^^, Jessica L. (Financial&Risk)
Subject: RE: spare parts required


I have received many off the grids emails in my years on this planet, but this one just got itself into my top 10. Congrats!

Glad you can see better and working the rest of the day from home is fine.

__________________________________________________________________________

From: **** Jessica L. (Financial&Risk)
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 12:45 PM
To: **** Mike (Financial&Risk)
Subject: spare parts required


I have reached new personal heights and accomplishments!

See, I told you I was stranger than Timothy.

Thanks bud :)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I consider it a blessing to have a manager who has a very high tolerance for insane people on his team. I'm not the only insane one, our whole team is pretty loony so this is an accomplishment!

I truly do not know how I lost my lens.  I have no idea. It is just gone, maybe I blinked and it popped out and I didn't notice (though I always notice when that happens...)  It will forever remain a mystery.

August tried to eat my lens, I think.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great email and I'm so happy your boss is so cool xox

    I used to wear contacts 15 years ago, one minute I had my lense the next it was just gone ... I've heard of them going behind the eyeball eek... mine actually popped out and was sitting on the tip of my shoe... weird ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that lens is on the floor someplace. You are blessed with a good manager.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3