topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, June 02, 2016

Presumptuous

Last Thursday night I bought a bottle of red wine. Just a normal regular small bottle.
It was a nice bottle of wine, from Italy and it cost $12.

I opened it as one opens a wine bottle- with a corkscrew. But my corkscrew did not work.

Odd.
So I peeled off the foil cover to discover that there was no cork.
What passed for a cork was a thick plastic seal.
Not even a plastic cork!

Ok I understand that vintners are proud of their wine but isn't it a little presumptuous to just assume the whole bottle will be gone in one sitting?

It is now Wednesday night. Six nights later and I have just finished the bottle.
I had to cover the top with tinfoil, which is just tacky.

It may also be tacky that it takes me that long to get through a small bottle of wine but I was in Hudson for a couple of those nights and I don't drink wine most nights at all.

So...... cork, please? Is that too much to ask?

It is nice wine but...
no cork.

3 comments:

  1. What a nice label on that wine. But yeah, corks please, no plastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard other wine drinking friends complain of this. No plastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't drink wine but I agree with you many people are not going to drink a whole bottle of wine in one sitting, not even a small one. I hope it tasted good♡

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3