topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, June 27, 2016

Jerry's Plein Air Thing in Union Square

Jerry's hosted a paint-out in Union Square, including a free art supply sample bag!

We all know that's why I really went.

Here is the swag bag! There was a bookmark and one of Jerry's collapsible water bottles...I have about three of them so I gave it to Daya, along with the bookmark.  

I will most probably get some of the cool aluminium panels; they seem really cool and I am glad to be able to try them.

Jerry's Rocks!!

Anyhow.

I attempted to cross 5th Ave from the West side which was a really stupid idea because I got stuck in the Gay Pride Parade**. There were absolutely no places whatsoever to cross 5th ave.....So I walked a bunch of blocks down, then over- then back up to 14th street to take the L which I should have done to begin with.

**The Gay Pride Parade is fun, wacky, and generally very friendly- normally it's a good time. The costumes are fantastic.  But it is a lot less fun when you can't move anywhere and you can't cross 5th ave because you were a dumbass and didn't take the L train to begin with.

I eventually got to Union Square.  Fran was there waiting for me.  She is in town for a few days.
So I got my free art supply sample bag and I painted a really stupid painting.  Honestly I don't care. There is absolutely no possible way I could have focused properly.

And I knew that going in; it was just that kind of atmosphere today.
I am no Casey Baugh, who did a demo that I did not attend.

6x8 oil on panel

Frisbee-Status Painting



One of the artists drew a lovely picture of me painting while I painted.
Several people came over to admire my Belly River box from Alla Prima Pochade.

I also got paint on one of the statue bases. I left it there.



I got white paint on the statue

3 comments:

  1. So you left a little reminder, huh? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a messy Bessy. It sounds like you had a good time. I saw the parade on the news. It looks like a riot. ha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be one to forget that and take the wrong train/bus... especially in a city that size. I'm glad you were finally able to get there ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3