topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, June 03, 2016

Field Trip

Daya's class took a a field trip to the Imperial Theater in Times Square to learn about Les Miserables.
It wasn't the full show, just a few musical highlights and they got to see some theater special effects. Stuff like that.

Initially I was surprised they were going to see Les Miz because it is definitely not a children's story.
But that's ok.  Over the weekend Daya got to learn the entire story and listen to all the songs, which she liked very much. I rented the 2012 movie for her which is basically the musical in a movie.
Without the cool revolving stage.

Anyhow, I work right in Times Square so I went to meet Daya's class when they came out of the theater.

Daya was very happy to see me, and it was cool to say hi to her in the middle of the day, too.


Field Trip



3 comments:

  1. This sounds very interesting. I didn't ever have a cool outing like this when I was in school. So nice that you live near all that cool artsy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teaching methods today are just amazing! I'm so happy for her! What a wonderful experience!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this going to sound crazy, I have not seen this movie... :) ... I am glad Daya had the opportunity xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3