topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

640,7

For the most part, I'm not a very OCD kind of person.

However, when my OCD nerve gets hit, I go completely insane.
It might not come as a surprise that one of my OCD vulnerable spots is my art...and art supplies.

Soooo...... back in 1995 or so I got my very first artist-grade set of soft pastels.  It is a Rembrandt 60 half stick set, and of course I still have it. When I painted Medusa I used several of the sticks.  One was a lovely turquoise color.

I decided to get a full stick of that perfect turquoise color.  So I looked at the color listing on the box and color charts and it is Rembrandt 640,7.  I got a few others as well. They all match perfectly...except the 640,7...the new full sticks are a teeny bit bluer than my perfect greenish turquoise half stick!

Of course it doesn't really matter, except that it is the end of the world.
THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO MATCH.

Most importantly, I LIKE THE OLD PASTEL BETTER.

The top swatch is my 1995 stick.
The bottom is the newer one.


I went to Blick.
I went to DaVinci.
I went to Jerrys.
I brought my pastel with me and swatched every single brand they had in open stock.
I compared THREE 640,7 sticks.
They all match each other but they are all slightly bluer than my swatch.



I got pretty close but no exact-exact matches.

And it has made me batshit crazy.

Batshit.

Crazy.

********
BOX UPDATE: The super saw my box tossed in the lobby by the window and he took it.
I got it today.

I gave the courier absolute hell.
Amazon was nice and sent a replacement order, but I cancelled it because I did get my box.

4 comments:

  1. Sucks that the new shade isn't an exact match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so disappointing. No wonder the bats came out.
    Better luck with your packages next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you got your package... and good that Amazon was going to come through xox ... sorry about the colors not matching, that would bug me too xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops...that wasnt a very pleasing experience....but may be better luck next time...

    www.crazyaboutcolors.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3