topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Stellar Parenting

Daya is driving to Wisconsin with Branwen and Branwen's cats next month.
I mentioned this to someone at work, and they asked, "Where in Wisconsin?"

Huh. I never did find that out, other than "Branwen's parents' farm."

So I said, "I don't know."

Then later the same day, Daya called from dance and said her senior trip was on the same day she was supposed to leave.

I called Branwen to see if she would be willing to leave one day later.  (Yes)
Branwen asked, "Where is the senior trip?"

Huh.  I didn't know that, either.
I do know I paid $65 for it though.

So I said- again,  "I don't know."

This is stellar parenting.
Role model material.

*****
I have since found out that the senior trip is to Medieval Times, which I think is somewhere in New Jersey.

I still don't know where in Wisconsin Daya will be, except that it will be on a farm and I am really jealous because I, too, want to go to a farm in Wisconsin.

The road trip part I am happy to skip.

But I !LOVE! farms and farm animals and horses!! and I want to go hang out in a cheeze cave.

****
Also, fuck Mother's Day. It's stupid.
The only thing stupider than Mother's Day is Father's Day.

4 comments:

  1. You are a good parent. It made me laugh reading this. I have done similar things over the years. Daya will be fine. I want to go to the farm too. The only farm I will probably visit is the funny farm. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, that made me chuckle... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Medieval Times is in Secaucus, NJ and I think Daya will have a lot of fun. I can't rightly place Wisconsin either. I wish my mom was as good a mom as you are. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done the same thing, I usually think about it after the fact and I happen to think I'm a pretty good mama. .. so are you Jessica xox ♡

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3