topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, May 23, 2016

Competition Pics & Other Sundries

Here are some pictures from Daya's dance competition.
I did not take any of them.









**********
I cleaned Daya's room on Saturday while she was in team rehearsal.
Her room was pretty bad, and I knew she felt overwhelmed. So I fixed it.
She was very happy and she loves it.

I told her that keeping it up is very simple: garbage goes in garbage, put stuff away when you are done. (which includes laundry)  She likes to put things wherever, especially the floor, and that's the main cause of why her room gets so messed up. I keep telling her it's easy to just put things back where you got them. She says it is hard. (???) Then she says she doesn't understand the point of putting something back if she will just use it again.

Ummmm.... so you can find it? So your room stays neat?

Maybe this is just something she will have to grow into.

In the meantime, I enforce it everywhere else and I'll probably get on her case more about her room.
She has a wonderful room.  It's big and sunny and purple, hardwood parquet floor, and she has a nice dance corner with a barre, mirror, all her dance pictures on the wall.  Her night light is a 5 gallon fish tank. I tell her it is her space, I want it to be a happy room, one she loves and is proud of.  That taking care of it is loving her space and herself.

*********
I have been feeling remarkably better since that past life stuff came up.
Seriously much better, like something finally broke apart that I have had since (before) birth.
I feel different. In a good way.

So we'll see what happens.

4 comments:

  1. My daughter's room was a pit her whole school life. I even stopped doing her laundry because I never knew what was clean or dirty. You should see her home now. It is pristine. ha... I think that with school, dance, life it is overwhelming. You just have to keep guiding them. Good things will come of it.
    I am so happy to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good! Delighted to hear you are feeling better. Good luck with the messy room situation. I hope she will see the logic of put things back=pleasanter room environment. And of course Daya looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about our children cleaning their rooms... I have people say, close the door, it's her room... yeah...no... she ends up scattering her stuff in the living room which is now my room too... then I can't find her clothes to wash or some dishes... I will have to keep on top of it until she finally understands...

    Daya looks amazing the pictures, wow... incredible xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Legs for miles! :-D So graceful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3