topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, May 20, 2016

Black Mirrors

I went to high school with a woman named Stacey Dratch.
Recently we have re-connected on Facebook.

She posted something, said something in such a clear concise way, better than I have been able to say it:


People will inevitably apply their own 
angle, agenda, or motivations 
to your actions and words - 
this is how people reveal their true self
 to those who are paying attention.
                                                                                    - Stacey Dratch





This has been my experience more often than not.
It is the cause of 2 out of 3 best friend losses last year.

They both happened right around this time and I guess I'm still not over it.
Maybe that's silly but it really affected me.

It was just the final nail in the coffin, so to speak.
Year after year, one loss after another.
Relationship deaths.
No new life comes after.

It seems in this life I have no choice but to walk alone.
I have been alone from the start.  From day 1.
As difficult as it has been, I don't mind it- what I mind it that it persists past the point of teaching, of usefulness. After that point, which I am long past, it starts to cause only damage.  Erosion.

I have given up any hope that it will change.
No matter what I do, or do not do.
And I have no energy left.




3 comments:

  1. Please don't give up hope. There is always hope. Not for past relationships. There are many good people in the world. Your paths will cross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you Jessica, I had a friend for 25 years and now she and I don't speak because of the guy she is with... I guess we were never friends... the other friend I knew for 35 years stopped talking to me because of an insecure woman he was dating... once again... apparently not a real friend... I hold out hope I can find that person even though I know I probably shouldn't... I understand where you are coming from... thank you for helping me out when I needed it xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3