topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Mad!! Under the Sea


Once a long, long time ago there was a large salty sea. 
Over the ages, the sea dried up, leaving barrenness behind, 
and a few salty puddles.

All this land used to be under the sea, but now it's not. 
The salt and residual minerals cause a foggy iridescence.



5x7 mixed media.
oil pastel then an acrylic iridescent coat, then finished off with oil pastels. Matte and iridescent.
This is something I started earlier this year and I'm really trying to finish stuff before starting new stuff.

******
I'm really curious to see what was under Carey's sea, because the painting-start she showed me earlier ... well, I'd like to see what was under her sea.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it a good feeling to finish something?! I like the way the fog goes between the trees. I see it. I can almost feel it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3