topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, April 11, 2016

A Small Old Cemetery

People think I'm a bit odd because I absolutely love cemeteries. The older the better. There is so much history, beauty, and serenity.

We went with Branwen to a small old cemetery in Clinton NJ. The oldest dates were from the mid 1700s, and the latest date we found was 2004.

There were Revolutionary War veterans, Civil War veterans, WW1 veterans, and WW2 veterans.

I love the history.  I like to think about these people and their lives.





3 comments:

  1. Old cemeteries are full of history and art. Some have such beautiful and varying tombstones. It is an interesting and quiet place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite lovely. She's told me about it but we've never gone. Glad you got to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they have great history, we have many older cemeteries in Halifax... they are definitely interesting to walk around and wonder what those people's lives were like... xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3