topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Mad: Messed Up

Last Thursday or so, Carey informed me that we didn't have a theme yet.
Like I was supposed to know what it was or something.

.....oh wait......

Well the first thing that popped in my head was "Messed Up" so that's our theme. I had a Cool Image Idea, so I prepped a canvas and did a background.

Oh, and by the way this canvas is something like 24x32ish. (It's a messed up size.  I stretched this one myself about 15 years ago. It had a painting on it but has been recycled.)

The most messed up thing is that I actually thought I was going to finish an entire layered 24x32ish oil painting in a few days. Thinking that to begin with is extremely messed up.

Sometime around late Monday afternoon I realized my painting predicament. I thought I would just do a smaller painting.  But then I didn't want it to be rushed and last minute.

Then it occurred to me just how messed up my ambitions were with this messed up size canvas.
Why do I do these things?
Why?
There is just no hope for me.

So it fits the theme perfectly.

Oil on Canvas on Easel
24x32ish

It will get an image, and hopefully not a messed up one.



2 comments:

  1. How interesting. I can't wait to see the results of your Messed Up canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3