topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter

Daya said to me, "Mommy, I think I have outgrown Easter."
I said, "Does that mean you don't like Cadbury eggs anymore?"
She said, "I still like those."
I said, "Ok."

Because I am a nice Pagan girl, I will never outgrow Easter.  It is still named for Estara, the ancient goddess for whom it originally celebrated.  The welcoming of Spring. That's why we still have the pagan celebratory symbols of eggs and bunnies.  Getting busy in the woods................

Anyhow.

Because Daya has outgrown Easter and I have not, she gets a cool Easter basket complete with a dress, good candy, and a Monster High doll.

Drusilla and Branwen contributed the amazing cat and bunny cookies.











I'm thinking that Daya has not outgrown her Easter basket.

4 comments:

  1. With a nice basket like that, nope! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think Daya has outgrown Easter yet either... those cookies are incredible xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't outgrown Easter yet! Hope you have had a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a nice Easter Sunday! I am not a religious person, so when we celebrate Easter in our household it is more a family thing/food thing than a religious thing. But I do like it as a holiday. Because hello, chocolate Easter eggs ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3