topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

A Fascinating Heart Chakra

This past Saturday when I went to the cat rescue fundraiser, I met someone really cool.  He was there with his wife. They both love animals.  Wonderful energy, both of them. Anyhow, I was talking to this man (who is also a Scorpio!) and he just completely opened up his energy. I saw his heart chakra- very unique. He is an old soul, I'm sure he knows this already...... we oldies tend to recognize each other pretty quickly. Especially because we are so few and far between.

I told him what I saw, and it was such a great image I had to make a little painting of it. I have never done this before, making a painting of someone else's energy.

This is what it looks like;
8x10 oil on panel 2ish hours




As you can see it is very dark multi-colored, rimmed in a gold halo.
This is quite exceptional.  
"Dark?" you might be thinking- yes, very dark and I think that is better because in this case it shows depth. The depth of very deep water. This is not a shallow person. That gold is just wonderful. Very divine and pure. The chakra was also quite large and perfectly spherical.

******
ASSORTED SIDE NOTES

1. Gamblin, M Graham, Vasari, Williamsburg, Old Holland.  Galkyd Gel. Rosemary Ivories.

2. This painting was finished even before I prepped the easel. It was very pushy and dictating.
Actually, as I was working on it, I had the distinct sense that instead of me working on it until I was happy with it, I was working on it until it was happy with me! 
WTF, painting! Talk about an attitude.

3. I knew this would be obnoxiously difficult to photograph and I was right.

4. Some dim part of me realizes this is probably really weird but a) I don't care b) there is no way that painting would have left me alone until it was an actual painting, and c) I don't care. Did I mention I don't care?

There is an element of insane bravery required if we are to carry out the things we are supposed to do.
So it is a good thing that I don't care about any sort of "strange" factor.

3 comments:

  1. This is a really great painting Jessica... It does have some lovely color and depth xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice to be able to satisfactorily paint a feeling. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3