topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, February 26, 2016

Vintage 72

Dru found an amazing set of pastels at The Second Show, which is the most amazing secondhand store, ever.

They are Winsor Newton pastels- and WN does not make pastels any longer.
The pastels are in almost brand-new condition, none are even broken.  Most aren't used at all, and a few have a tiny amount of use.

There are 72 of them. FULL STICKS not half sticks!
What an amazing find!

Dru got them for EIGHT DOLLARS.

Because Dru is awesome, and she doesn't use pastels (I think she should but she disagrees), she sent them to me!

Such a great color range.  Most of the pastels are nice and soft in consistency- a few are slightly harder (probably due to the individual pigments)but all have a good consistency.

They have lots of friends here.






Thank you Dru!!!

5 comments:

  1. They look beautiful! So glad they can join your pastel family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my friends that frequent those types of shops would find something like this for me. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3