topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, February 04, 2016

Up and Running

I am running the new Tomb Raider game on the highest settings!  Yay!

It is gorgeous. Amazing detail. I'm not very far in but look, there are even sparkles on the snow! And the characters make tracks in the snow!





There are sparkles on the snow!!!! (top right)





******
Getting the new graphics card in was something of a misadventure.  It's not a difficult thing to do, and I have done it before, but for some reason all the stupid things that could happen, did.

I had the plugs in but one wasn't PERFECT even though it seemed fine so things weren't working right.
Then one of my RAM thingies got unseated.
Then the monitor wouldn't work.
Then the graphics card didn't like the power hook-up.

All of these things were easily fixed by figuring out what the heck was going on...and some trial and error.  Because when everything really is plugged in to the right places but things don't work, well it can be maddening. And it was one thing after another.

But anyhow, it's all sorted out now and Lara looks better than fantastic.



3 comments:

  1. AAaaargh, totally wanna play now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would just faint even opening the computer let alone trying to do something to it. Have fun with your sparkly new game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica you need to come over to my house and get m computer running at top notch... I'm pretty ditzy when it comes to computer... it's kind of funny with how much I love social media xox ♡

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3