topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Teeth

Daya had her teeth cleaned yesterday.  She has zero cavities and 1 baby tooth left.
As always, she requires my sunglasses because she is allergic to the light.



Daya needs braces.
I have known this for a while and I have delayed the consultation...I guess because subconsciously I am scared of the cost.

How to pay for it....I don't know. I really, really don't know.
Having no help for anything, in any way, ever- really stinks.
And it is scary.

How did I end up like this?

But she has an appointment next month, so I'll have to face it.

********\
I had braces.  Twice. I hated the orthodontist...going and all the crap surrounding it.  My mother used my orthodontic expenses as a way to harass, annoy, and financially burden my father.  There were many screaming phone conversations- the arguing even extended to the receptionist at the office.

It was bad.

During those years, on occasional visits to see my father, my teeth were always a topic of conversation. How much the braces cost. They argued around me and through me. My father was so angry that once he even took me for another opinion during a visit.

The orthodontist apparently took advantage of the situation, and my braces cost three times what they should have, or something like that.

Of course my sister's teeth came in perfectly and she didn't need any orthodontic work at all.

*******
There is that small voice that tells me perhaps this is my karma for having been such a burden as a child.

But I'll never make Daya feel badly for having... needs that kids have.

3 comments:

  1. You were not a burden to your parents. You were a tool to annoy themselves with. Don't look back...look forward. You are good, you are kind, you are important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate going to the dentist. Expensive, painful, annoying, ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, it's not your fault that you needed braces. I had such awful teeth growing up that I made a promise if my children needed braces I would work whatever I had to do... lucky for me neither girls needed them... sure they could use them to make them perfect buy it's not a necessity xox ♡

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3