topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Mad Space

Our theme is Space.
Space is a great theme.

Here is a little ACEO.
Unison pastels on blue colorfix primed bristol
2.5 x 3.5



Dru if you are reading this, I used my little grater! :)

Technique-wise this was a successful experiment in pulling off a speckled effect in pastel.
It's fragile as all pastel paintings are, but I am pleased with the result.
Colorfix primer has a nice toothy surface...I don't think this would work as well on a smooth surface.

Carey's mad space is here.

4 comments:

  1. I like it a lot! Very dark and moody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of the skies in South America. You can see so many more stars since there isn't so much light pollution. Nice... How do you protect your pastel work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really wonderful! Yay little grater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, you created this!? Very cool!! Looks like I could walk right in and look up at the stars!


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Today's Post: Black Lace...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3