topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Irksome

Hay House.

Probably most people know about Hay House, Louise Hay, Denise Linn, Wayne Dyer etc.
And that's a good thing. Hay House has always been about the more.... I hate this term... new age spirituality.

I have gotten a lot of good stuff from Hay House over the years.

However, I am thinking lately that Hay House has evolved from the old-school generation of spiritual pioneers (Wayne Dyer, Denise Linn, Stuart Wilde, even Louise Hay herself).  They do, of course, still publish these materials, but it has become a massive publishing empire and they have jumped on the weight loss bandwagon.

For some reason, it really rubs me the wrong way.

I do get emails from Hay House, which I don't mind getting but recently (as in the last year or so) I have started to notice weight loss promotions from them more and more. In fact, now I get weight loss stuff from them more than anything else. It just seems... I don't know, cheap to me.

I liked Hay House better when it was a little more edgy-old-school.

I really don't need weight loss anything.  But I know it is a societal problem....and the message about cheap easy ways to lose weight are right up there with all the promotions for gluttony..... I just don't want or need another source of cheap easy weight loss stuff stuck in my face.

And from Hay House.  Really?

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of Hay House. It sounds like a feeding station for horses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no clue what Hay House is. Sounds like a house of hay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one of the people that needs to lose weight but I'm with you, I don't want endless emails about easy weight loss... the sad thing is everyone wants it east but it's not. I have opted out of many emails because of the added promotions I don't care about..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3