topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Blast

It is Friday night.
The piano has filled my living room. I have, however, prepared.

My neighbors got blasted.
Guns N Roses
Nirvana
Eric Johnson
Robben Ford

They banged on the wall.
Oh sooooo scaaaary.

I am not continually blasting them, just when I hear the piano.  Then if they stop, I stop.
They continue, I continue.
It took several songs, but as of right now they have stopped and not restarted.

Hey, thanks Robben Ford!

***********
This kind of behavior is so........ completely different than who I am as a person. I just...don't ever do things like this.  It makes me very uncomfortable, to be honest.  Nervous, though I am not afraid. Upset. Shaken. Upset stomach.  I want to cry. And now I am. It triggers the hell out of me.

So, I am looking at it, examining it.

I'm not breaking any laws; it isn't even late at night. It is also not constant. They can call the police (again) but when has the NYPD *ever* cared about noise complaints?  I should know; I have put in many, many noise complaints about the courtyard behind my building. They fall on deaf ears.

There is nothing they can do about my music, the same as I cannot really do anything about their piano.

**********
It is the conflict I dislike intensely.
My life has had too much conflict and I do avoid it at all costs.
I grew up with everyone in conflict and it has left very deep marks on me.
Even now, all these decades later. I can't handle conflict.

Olga is yelling loudly next door, at who I do not know.

I hate fighting. I want peace. But I also have to stand up for myself; I am no weakling. I fight only as a very last resort. It doesn't mean I can't; it just means I don't want to until I have no other choice.

This feeling of being shaken up...how strange - but also not strange- that I should have these reactions. That it affects me so deeply. At least I know why.

It is so unpleasant.

*****
And now they have started again, and so have I.

5 comments:

  1. Alright so the retaliation has officially begun then, lol... I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I hope they get the message now and finally UNDERSTAND how ANNOYING excessive noise can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate this situation. Sorry to hear that you are so undone and your peace has been taken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do, even if it doesn't sit right with you. I'm so sorry you are in this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. This is such a bad situation. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jessica I totally understand... I grew up with constant chaos and I just want peace too... It seems to allude me too... I have nasty neighbors too... they just let their daughter screech for over an hour, I try not retaliate until it is later but sometimes it is just too much. I really don't understand why some people are so disrespectful of other people, it makes no sense to me... (by the way, you are totally within your rights... how dare they bang on the wall... see... they feel entitled)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3