topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, January 25, 2016

Not a Painting

As much as I have been loving my pastels lately, I started missing my oils.

I thought I would knock out a little 5x7 tonight.  (Sunday night)
This is not generally a big deal.
As it turns out, I can't. Well, not tonight.

I started around 6pm.
Then a second later it was 8;30 so I had to get Daya to bed.
I checked Facebook and started again around 9ish.
Then I blinked and it was 10pm.

So, I could keep going, and I really really REALLY want to except if I do that I will blink and it will be 2am because tonight is the kind of painting night when I lose time.

All of this would be ok except I have to go to work tomorrow morning.
I am expected to be awake and functional.

So my painting-self kind of needs to stay up until at least 2am- actually even 5am-  but since I can't sleep til noon I just can't do it.  I'm past those all-nighter college days. 

I got old.
I have to pay rent and take care of a kid.

Well, here is palette number 2.  I cleaned the first one off.
Rosemary Ivories are my favorite brushes in the whole world right now.


4 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how sometimes time just slips away. You are wise to get yourself some sleep so you will be refreshed and ready to start the week. Your oils will be anxiously awaiting your attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. What a ripoff!!! LOL. I hate when I just can't do what I want to! Looking forward to seeing finished painting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A day should have 36 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping you can finagle a schedule where you still have time for your oil painting passions!! Having a child makes life all the more tough when you truly put them first... BUT... there is a way to find balance. And I'm sure you'll figure it out! :o)



    Amber
    All the Cute
    Latest Post: Printed Peasant Top

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3