topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Mad Velour

Carey unpacked some boxes and she had a pad of velour paper.
I have been wanting to try velour for ages so I made that our theme this week.

We are opening up our weekly theme to other sizes than ACEO.

So, velour.
I got a couple of large sheets. One black, one white.

I cut an 8x10 piece out of the black.

Since velour is supposed to be good for fur, I thought I would do a quick painting of Pebbles.
To be fair, she looks pissed off in the reference too.

This is an awful painting.
I kept saying to myself, "Do I really have to post this?"
"Yes."

Oh well.
Velour is a very interesting paper and I fought with it as you can plainly see.
It will take some getting used to. I like pastelmat better.
The painting is complete crap and that is ok. I make a lot of crappy paintings; usually I just don't post them. It's not a big deal.

I have to re-work this, so it is still taped up to the easel.
Pebbles
8x10
pastel on velour


3 comments:

  1. Ha...I would probably consider this to be a good painting...for me. I know you have higher standards than I. I have never heard of velour paper. It must have some texture.??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whuuut? How is this complete crap? I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this Jessica, I am in awe of people that can draw... And you can draw xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3