topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Mad ACEO: Pan Pastel

Our theme this week was pan pastels!
This was the theme last week before the last-minute change.

I LOVE pan pastels.
Here are all my trays except for 2, laid out for painting.


I painted a cave in 5 parts.

First, I colorfix primed 5 ACEO size bristol.  Then I taped them together and stuck them to my drawing board.  Here is my sketch in conte.


First layer in pan pastel.  I sprayed it with fixative.


The final layer is Rembrandts and pans.
I worked on all 5 as one painting, while taking care to make sure each mini-composition still worked.

Full Cave
2.5 x 17.5

And each section of the cave
2.5 x 3.5

Cave 1


Cave 2


Cave 3


Cave 4


Cave 5



Carey's are here! :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love the color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative. Love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, this looks great, you did such an awesome job xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am really likiing cave 3 especially.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3