topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Contagious Earworms on Prozac

On Monday morning the buses were all messed up.
Really, really messed up.
Daya takes the bus to school.

On top of that, I was having one of those mornings when I just could not get in gear, so we were running a half hour behind schedule.

We took our alternate morning route and waited for the bus.
For a long time.
It was cold.
It was crowded.
The sidewalks were covered in the snowdrifts the plows made.

Out of nowhere, I heard music. The music did not go away, it got closer.
I turned and saw a lady holding up a cell phone with Bob Marley turned up at full volume facing away from her.

The lady was singing along, loudly.

Her jacket said AMBASSADOR. She had Bob Marley hair, too.
I'm all for broadcasting peace and love but it was a little early in the morning for full-on Bob Marley.

"WE'RE ALWAYS LOVING JA!!"

It was stuck in my head all day.

**********
When I got to work I called the vet, because Pebbles had exactly three days of Prozac left.
I cannot live with Pebbles if she is not on Prozac.
Life gets very, very bad.
And I just bought a new down comforter.

Apparently we hit the six month mark when she has to go in for an exam just to make sure she's ok.
The vet is open late on Mondays, so I got an appointment.

I then had to email my manager saying I needed to leave work a little early so I could get Prozac for my cat and I had to bring the cat. Which is probably the best leave-work-early reason ever.
He laughed at me.

********
I left work early and went to the train.
The trains were messed up. Signal problems.  So, I made an executive decision to switch train lines. I exited the subway, walked a few blocks, and got on the train.

I was home for less than five minutes- just long enough to stuff an unsuspecting cat into the carrier.
Then I headed out again.
Pebbles YELLED.
I contemplated taking the bus to the vet, but I just missed it so I walked instead.
Through slush.  With a wailing cat.
I got some strange looks.

*******
Pebbles cost me $120 at the vet.
She is fine but her teeth will need to be cleaned.







******
When I left the vet it was dark out.
Dark and cold and slushy.
The walk home from the vet is only 15-20 minutes, but I felt a little funny about it because of the road conditions. The main streets are plowed but the side streets are less-plowed and the sidewalks are deplorable. And it was dark. Safety first, I guess.  For me and a stupid wailing cat.

To get home, I can take the same bus going either direction. One way is a short ride but requires walking through un-plowed trails and the other way is a long ride with a safe, easy walk home.
Because I knew my normal walking path home didn't even have a footprint trail, and the snow is up to my knees, and I had a wailing cat, I decided to take the bus the long way around.

I went into Walgreens by the bus stop to keep warm.
Pebbles does not like Walgreens and she wailed.
Someone thought she was a ringtone.

I finally got the bus and it was S-L-O-W and it took me an hour to get home.
Pebbles does not like the bus and she wailed.
It was embarrassing.

What a stupid Monday.

...and...

"WE'RE ALWAYS LOVING JA!!"

4 comments:

  1. Blegh, I hate it when public transportation is all fucked up, so frustrating. It's bad enough to be stuck in traffic by yourself but with a wailing cat with you? Ugh! Good to hear Pebbles is doing okay though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epic story, but I'm glad Pebbles has her Prozac!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you needed some of Pebbles' Prozac. Poor girl, poor kitty. I had a cat that hated to get into the car. She would wail all the way to and from the vet. I can imagine your embarrassment, annoyance, and earworm. Even with all of this, I had to giggle. I hope the rest of your week has gone better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that was the day... the few days after a snowstorm is incredibly painful to travel in... I'm glad you got home safe xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3