topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, January 01, 2016

Clean

For the first time in many years- I don't even know how many- I am home alone (well with Daya) on New Year's Eve.

We are starting clean, just the two of us.
And the cats.
And the rats.

I cleaned everything.  Even curtains and oven mitts. The floors. All sheets and linens. The cats are clean.  The rats are clean. All laundry is done and put away. Dishes, too. I even broke down and got a new king size down comforter, since the old one was so messed up (from the cats (Pebbles)) that there was just no way it could ever be washed again. It was patched up, taped together, and new holes just kept appearing.  Sometimes you have to know when to call it quits.

Now that Pebbles is medicated and all her...issues... are resolved, we'll try again.
I think it will be ok.

Yes Pebbles, take a good look at what you did.

I also re-did my house altar. It is clean and simple.
Some new things are on there. Some old things too.



*********
My tarot card for the new year comes from Tarot of the Water, which just arrived less than two weeks ago. It is the second deck in a global artist collaboration.  (I also have the first deck.)

Eight of Swords
This is a card about feeling trapped, isolated, and blinded. However, there is a way out, which can be seen by a change in perspective.



From this page
The Eight of Swords is often a sign that it is best not to make any important decisions at this point because your thinking has been limited and constrained by self-imposed boundaries. You are struggling to see a situation for what it is and have been lead to believe certain things that may or may not be true. There are choices available but first you must be within the right mindset to know which option to choose. This means releasing the bindings and the blindfold to see the situation from a different, less imposing angle. There may also be too many ideas running through your head, thus it is best to wait until you feel more secure and certain about a situation before making important decisions and taking action.

I think this is a very appropriate card.

********
And of course, Daya has a new song.  I guess it is probably good year-round.

We wish you a kitty-Daya
We wish you a fluffy Isis
We wish you a noisy Furball
And a lazy Pebbles!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! This is a great way to begin the year. We stayed in and watched a movie, The Judge. Up early to begin our birding year. I am now retired. I can't wait to see what the year brings. Your altar is quite nice. I hope you find the peace you seek this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years end
    all corners
    on this floating world, swept
    Basho

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Jessica... gosh I wish you lived closer, I'd totally pay you to help me organize...lol (of course that would mean training Valentina not to keep every single thing)

    I wish that you have a really great year ♡

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3